February 4, 2009 12:53:18 am
For strengthening educational and sports infrastructure in the southern sectors,UT Administrator General S F Rodrigues (Retd) today laid the foundation stones of three government high schools and an indoor basketball hall.
General Rodrigues began his day by laying the foundation stone for Government High School complexes in Sector 50-B,53-B and 54-A. This was followed by laying the foundation stone for the Indoor Basketball Hall at the Sports Complex in Sector 42,which will be equipped with modern facilities,courts,a sports medicine complex and a dormitory for boys and girls. The Administrator also asked Rajinder Singh,hockey coach for the girls team,to prepare a comprehensive programme for reviving the sport.
Accompanied by his wife Jean,General Rodrigues inspected the area of the projects. He also asked the chief architect and chief engineer to make the buildings disabled-friendly and landscape the area.
Southern sectors heading towards development
* Sector 50-B Government High School-4.23 acres-Rs 2.56 crore
* Sector 53-B Government High School-3.60 acres-Rs 2.58 crore
* Sector 54-A Government High School-4.17 acres-Rs 2.58 crore
* Indoor Basketball Hall-Rs. 1.87 crore
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.