A FIRE broke out inside the Punjab mini secretariat building in Sector 9 in the early hours of Saturday. The fire was controlled in one hour by fire brigade personnel who immediately reached the spot. A short circuit may have sparked the fire, officials said.
According to the fire department, they received a call about the fire around 2.37 am Saturday, following which fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire broke out inside the room of under secretary and officer on special duty (OSD) of health and irrigation in the third floor of the building.
- Mumbai: One dead in blaze in Girgaum building
- Fire at Scindia House, seven hospitalised for suffocation
- Delhi: Two workers charred in godown fire at Kotla Mubarakpur
- Delhi: Two kids die as short circuit in AC sparks off blaze in building
- Fire at ISRO centre, CISF guard injured
- Chandigarh: Major fire breaks out in PGIMER; no casualties reported
A fire official said four fire tenders were sent. “So far, it not clear what the cause of the fire was. But it seems to be a short circuit inside the room,” the official said. “The fire was controlled immediately. As per our records, files, computer and some other things were damaged.”
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
A police officer from Sector 3 police station said it was not clear what files were damaged due to the fire. “They (officials) are yet to provide the list of the files which have been damaged. The secretariat officials have not given us a statement so far about the incident,” said the officer.