A FIRE broke out inside the Punjab mini secretariat building in Sector 9 in the early hours of Saturday. The fire was controlled in one hour by fire brigade personnel who immediately reached the spot. A short circuit may have sparked the fire, officials said.
According to the fire department, they received a call about the fire around 2.37 am Saturday, following which fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire broke out inside the room of under secretary and officer on special duty (OSD) of health and irrigation in the third floor of the building.
- Gurgaon: Woman dead in fire at condominium
- Gurgaon: Woman suffocates to death after fire breaks out in gated condominium
- Kolkata medical college fire: Forensics rule out short-circuit
- Kolkata: 250 patients evacuated, medicines worth Rs 5 cr destroyed in fire at state-run CMCH
- Kolkata hospital fire: Major fires the city has seen this year
- Fire breaks out at hospital in Ludhiana, patients shifted
A fire official said four fire tenders were sent. “So far, it not clear what the cause of the fire was. But it seems to be a short circuit inside the room,” the official said. “The fire was controlled immediately. As per our records, files, computer and some other things were damaged.”
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
A police officer from Sector 3 police station said it was not clear what files were damaged due to the fire. “They (officials) are yet to provide the list of the files which have been damaged. The secretariat officials have not given us a statement so far about the incident,” said the officer.