Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab and president of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) Sukhbir Singh Badal will be presiding over as the chief guest at the oath-taking ceremony of the newly-elected Panjab University Campus Students’ Council (PUCSC) at Panjab University (PU) on September 17.
- Panjab University campus: Rs 58 lakh approved for CCTV camera installation
- PUCSC yet to fulfil promises made after election win
- Swearing-in of PUCSC office-bearers: Sukhbir announces a grant of Rs 3 cr to Panjab University
- Panjab University likely to get funds worth Rs 4.5 crore from Punjab govt
- Parties, issues and polls at PU centre stage
- Members of PU students council take charge,students throng office
The ceremony will take place at 11 am at the Law Auditorium at PU. Student Organisation of India’s (SOI) Jasmeen Kang will be sworn in as the president of PUCSC, whereas Preeti Negi from Himachal Students’ Union (HIMSU) will take oath as the council’s vice-president. Rishi Bharadwaj from National Students’ Organisation (NSO) will be sworn in as the secretary, whereas Swati Tiwana from Indian National Students’ Organisation (INSO) will take charge as the joint secretary. PU Vice-Chancellor Professor Arun Kumar Grover, Dean Students Welfare Professor Navdeep Goyal and Dean Students Welfare Women Professor Nandita Shukla will be present on the occasion.
During the ceremony, Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal is also likely to make an announcement regarding provision of funds from the Punjab government to the PU Students’ Council.