Launching a crackdown on drug smugglers, the crime branch of Panchkula police has arrested two persons with contraband in two separate cases here on Friday.
In the first case, the accused, Vijay Kumar, a resident of Sarkaghaat (Himachal Pradesh), was arrested from Himshikha Colony, Pinjore, with 8gm heroin.
- Mandsaur firing victim arrested for ‘drug smuggling’
- Punjab: Canadian, three others held as international drug racket busted
- Mumbai: Three arrested for ‘posing as fake cops’
- 20-year-old man arrested for ‘stealing’ from police quarters
- Chandigarh: Two sentenced to ten-year-jail for possessing 3 kg charas
- Gang targeted PSU banks, picked cheques from dropboxes, say cops
“We had received a tip off, following which we apprehended him in Himshikha Colony, Pinjore. Investigation is on and we are interrogating him about his other accomplices in the crime,” said inspector Sandeep from the crime branch of the Panchkula police.
The second accused was arrested from a public park in Sector 5, Panchkula. Kishori Lal, a resident of Mandi (Himachal Pradesh), was arrested with 500gms of charas.
Both the accused were booked under relevant sections of the NDPS Act and were produced in a local court on Friday.
Vijay was sent to police remand for three days, while Lal was remanded in police custody for two days.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
On Thursday, the police arrested a woman resident of Himachal Pradesh, Pooja, from Sector 5 MDC and recovered 7kg cannabis from her possession.
She is also in the police custody of Women Police Station.