Cracking down on cases of sex-determination and female foeticide, the health department urged Panchkula residents to report such cases on the toll free number, 85580-14141, launched on Friday.
The department has conducted raids in various clinics across various blocks and arrested quacks for allegedly selling medical termination of pregnancy (MTPs) kits. The campaign is a part of the Haryana government’s Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign.
- Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan do well in ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ scheme: Maneka Gandhi
- Amitabh Bachchan, face of Beti Bachao campaign, expresses disgust at Unnao, Kathua rape cases
- Maharashtra: Promotion of govt schemes figures in rules for businesses
- Expecting trouble: A crackdown on sex determination centres
- As sex-ratio worsens, govt plans to rope in religious leaders to ‘change mindset’
- NCRB data: Haryana tops in pre-natal sex-determination cases
“We have put up various drop boxes in primary health centres (PHCs), dispensaries and several other public offices, wherein people can drop in information about such quacks or centres where sex-determination is done. Their names will not be disclosed. People can call on the toll-free number-85580-14141 and report such cases,” said civil surgeon Dr V K Bansal.
The department officials highlighted that the name and identity of the callers or anyone giving information will be kept confidential. The government has also announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh for people who report such cases.
“Even when the reward money will be given, it will be in cash to keep the identity of the person confidential,” added Bansal.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
Stepping up their campaign, various teams have been formed to carry out surprise raids to nab such offenders.