THE VIGILANCE Bureau, Mohali, has arrested two brothers in connection with an alleged recruitment scam. The two suspects allegedly got access to question papers in advance for the tests conducted for government jobs in different departments.
The vigilance also arrested another suspect and ‘agent’ Dinesh Yadav, a resident of Sikander district in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
The three suspects were produced in a local court and sent to police custody for six days. According to the vigilance bureau, both the suspects arrested recently had allegedly paid Rs 10 lakh each to get recruited as Inspector on Grade 2 in Punjab State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited by gaining access to question paper before the exam.
- Chandigarh Police begin investigation into fake job letter scandal
- ‘Dummy candidates’: Probe team identifies 25 more govt employees recruited via racket, arrests likely
- Dummy candidates: Probe team identifies 25 more government employees recruited via racket
- Father-son duo used same approach to make windfall gains: RTI activist
- OMR scam: Probing possibility of collusion between officials and racketeers, say Pune police
- Maharashtra CID arrests eight govt officials ‘recruited’ through dummy candidate racket
During police interrogation, Yadav reportedly said he used to arrange accommodation for candidates who would appear in the exam in hotels where he would fix their appointment with Guru alias ‘Master’, who is the key accused.
The recruitment scam pertains to irregularities in the process adopted for filling several posts in Punjab State Civil Supplies Corporation (PUNSUP) and Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority.
In November last year, the vigilance bureau had busted a recruitment scam for the posts of Sub-Divisional Officers and junior engineers conducted by the Punjab government, where it was found that examination paper for SDOs was leaked before the exam.
The exam was held for 682 posts in different areas, including assistant corporation engineer, assistant MC engineer and sub-divisional engineer.