In a shocking incident, a two-year old girl was allegedly raped by a 14-year-old neighbour in Railway Colony of Ludhiana on Sunday. The accused, allegedly also tried to murder the girl after committing the heinous crime.
The girl was admitted at Deep Hospital, Model Town in serious condition. She was bleeding profusely and there were injury marks on her neck.
The victim’s father, who runs a fruit juice shop, told police that her daughter was playing with the teenager when he had gone for lunch. But when he came back he found her daughter missing.
- ‘I decided to come to Punjab thinking I would earn… and live happily’, says rape victim’s father
- Hoshiarpur: Five-year-old gangraped, referred to PGI
- Ludhiana: 12-yr-old rape victim’s daughter handed over to orphanage
- Unnao: CBI files charge sheet against BJP MLA Sengar’s brother, 4 others for killing rape victim’s father
- Mandsaur gangrape: Victim’s father wants death penalty for accused
- UP: One held for raping 10-year-old in Bijnor village
The family started looking for the girl and then they heard cries from a vacant room in the area. They found the girl inside lying naked and crying badly. The family rushed her to the hospital. The father alleged that the boy raped her and then tried to murder her. But when they reached the room, he had already absconded.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Rupinder Kaur Sran, ACP west, said that the minor accused of rape has been arrested. He has been booked under 376 (rape), 307 (attempt to murder), 511 of IPC and sections 3, 4 of POSCO Act. Sran added that the girl was admitted to hospital in serious condition but is out of danger now.