Around 20 men barged into a showroom in Ghumar Mandi market in Ludhiana at around 11 AM and thrashed the owner and his wife, on Saturday. The entire incident was captured in CCTV cameras.
The men also allegedly assaulted employees of the showroom with sticks and vandalised the furniture.
Sandeep Arora, who owns New Moonz Showroom, and his wife Deepti were beaten for around 25 minutes.
- The whole nine yards: How Kerala’s saleswomen won protracted battle for their right to sit
- No one has right to invade flat owners’ privacy, says Bombay High Court
- CCTV VIDEO: Man squeezes into a jewellery shop from under the metal shutter
- Ludhiana: In fight over male child, man kills wife
- Daylight robbery in sector 17 Chandigarh: Three make off with diamond jewellery, cash worth Rs 14 crore at gunpoint
- Showroom burgled,owner claims loss of Rs 12 lakh
Deepti claims that they had bought the showroom from a person whose brother did not agree to the deal. She claims that they (the couple) were innocent victims of a family dispute.
The police from division number 8 led by ACP Rupinder Kaur reached the spot and initiated investigation in the case.
Meanwhile, the medical examination of victims was conducted at civil hospital.
The ACP said that accused have been identified using CCTV footage and will be arrested soon.