Follow Us:
Thursday, July 19, 2018

Kundi connection snuffs out life of 12-year-old boy in Chandigarh

Incident happened during birthday celebrations

By: Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published: October 2, 2017 6:23:36 am
kundi connection, chandigarh Ramdarbar, Ramdarbar kundi connection, vikas, chandigarh, chandigarh news Vikas

AN ILLEGAL kundi connection of electricity supply snuffed the life of a 12-year-old boy, Vikas, during birthday celebrations at phase-1, Ramdarbar, on Saturday night. Police have booked two persons — the organiser of birthday party, Suresh Kumar, and the contractor, Amit Sood, owner of Sood Tent House, who installed the tent during the birthday celebrations — for death due to negligence.

Amit was arrested and later released on bail. Suresh was at large. The victim was the youngest among four siblings and his father, Rajesh Kumar, had passed away many years ago. His mother, Indra Devi, a resident of phase-1 in Ramdarbar, earns her livelihood by pickings rags from door to door. The incident happened just behind Vikas’s house around 10 pm.

Police said Suresh organised a birthday party at his house for his cousin’ birthday and took the electricity by taking a kundi connection from the main electricity line passing from near his house. Suresh invited all the people residing in his locality and Vikas also went to the party.

Vikas fell unconscious after touching a pole. He was rushed to GMCH-32 in a private vehicle and doctors declared him brought dead.

In his complaint to the police, Indra Devi, stated, “Due to the illegal electricity connection, current was passing through several poles, which were installed by employees of the tent house. Vikas touched one of the poles through which an electricity wire of an illegal connection was passing and he got electrocuted.”

The woman also claimed that the current was passing through all the poles of the tent house and she informed about it to Suresh, who took it casually.

Police sources said earlier, Suresh tried his best to manipulate the incident and removed the kundi connection. Later, when the police were informed about the boy’s death by the GMCH-32 authorities, a team rushed to the spot and found evidence of the kundi connection being taken from the main electricity line.

Inspector Jaswinder Kaur, SHO of Sector 31 police station, said, “A team of area electricity department was also called to the spot and they also maintained that the incident occurred due to illegal kundi connection. The body of boy was handed over to family members after postmortem examination.”

A case under Section 304-A of the IPC was registered at the Sector 31 police station.

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App