Members of the HMT Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, who had earlier announced to carry out a protest march on the International Yoga Day, have decided to postpone the agitation after getting assurances from the BJP leaders on Monday.
Vijay Bansal, convener, HMT Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, said they met Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, who has assured them to take up their issue with the central government.
- Haryana Cabinet to buy 446 acres of HMT land
- HMT workers to hold protest march with black flags on June 21
- PM Modi to arrive in Chandigarh on June 20
- HMT workers pin hopes on PMO’s order for revival of unit, salaries
- Punjab HMT crisis: Staff return to work, continue to hope for revival of factory
- Day after manager’s suicide in Panchkula, HMT staff hold protest march
“He has assured us that he will take appropriate action in the matter and the pending salaries of the workers will be released at the earliest, following which we have decided to postpone our protest march,” said Bansal.
The HMT workers, along with local INLD and Congress leaders, had announced that they will take out a protest march from HMT Pinjore to Chandigarh, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the International Yoga Day on June 21.
The workers had said they will also show black flags to highlight their financial woes owing to the government’s decision to close down the factory.
The members submitted a memorandum to the chief minister and requested him to take up the matter with the Prime Minister during his visit to Chandigarh on Tuesday.