- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Shooting Live scores Live streaming: Gold for Saurabh Chaudhury, bronze for Abhishek Verma in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Live updates Live streaming: Gold and bronze for India in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- It is work and play for Salman Khan on the sets of Bharat in Malta
Two days after two unidentified youths allegedly stole the Toyota Fortuner from an Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader’s house in Sector 12A, police on Monday recovered the Pajero in which the accused came.
Poilce said the two youths came to the INLD leader Dilbagh Nain’s house in the red and white Pajero early on Saturday morning. The police added one of them got down from the car and stole the keys from inside the house and fled with the Fortuner that was parked outside the gate. The accused drove the two cars towards Sector 20, from where they took the flyover and fled towards Zirakpur.
“The Pajero has been recovered from Zirakpur, where it was found abandoned on the street in one of the residential colonies. However, the accused are yet to be arrested,” said a police officer.
- Chandigarh: Rusticated student, four juveniles among seven held for vehicle damaging spree
- Five held for killing woman, her two children in revenge attack
- Chandigarh: Two men killed in separate accidents
- Army Major’s wife found with throat slit: ‘Colleague accused of killing woman returned to crime scene, then fled’
- SUV stolen from INLD leader’s house in Panchkula
- Police claim to have solved robbery case
A case under Section 379 of the Indian Penal Code was registered at Sector 14 Police Station.
Investigating further, the police found that the accused fled towards Delhi on the NH-1 as they crossed the Dappar Toll Plaza on the Chandigarh-Ambala highway around 5.52am, 40 minutes after the theft take place, and Karnal Toll Plaza around 7am.
The incident took place at 5.12am on Saturday, when Nain was inside the house along with his family.
In his statement to the police, Nain said his 16-year-old son had left the door open when he went for his football training and the accused took advantage of the opportunity.
The Pajero was also captured in the CCTV cameras installed at Nain’s neighbour’s house and the police cameras installed at various points.