Follow Us:
Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Gas cylinder explodes in shop,1 injured

Nearly 15 persons had a narrow escape when a gas cylinder exploded at Uttam Sweets,Sector 14,Panchkula,on Tuesday.

Written by Express News Service | Panchkula | Published: September 9, 2009 2:09:46 am

Nearly 15 persons had a narrow escape when a gas cylinder exploded at Uttam Sweets,Sector 14,Panchkula,on Tuesday.

Eleven employees and a few customers were present at the shop when the incident took place.

While the workers said there was a leakage in the cylinder in the basement,police claimed they were still investigating the case.

“The owner of the shop stays in Delhi. Around noon,a worker raised an alarm about a gas leakage. This led to panic and those inside the shop rushed out for safety. Within minutes,we heard a thud sound and the entire ceiling of the restaurant collapsed,” said Yashpal Singh,an employee at the shop.

He added that one of the workers was left inside who sustained a minor injury.

Station House Officer,Sector 14,Inspector Aman Kumar said: “The main cause of the damage appears to be a gas cylinder explosion. As no one was injured,we have not registered a case till now.”

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement