Follow Us:
Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fire at Sec 22 shop,loss of Rs 50 lakh

Around Rs 50 lakh worth of goods was gutted in the fire in a fire broke out in showroom number 3031-32 located in Sector 22 on Saturday morning.

Written by Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published: April 7, 2013 1:16:56 am

Around Rs 50 lakh worth of goods was gutted in the fire in a fire broke out in showroom number 3031-32 located in Sector 22 on Saturday morning.

The fire was reported at 10.24 am at the Mahadev handloom showroom,which was located on the top floor of the building.

Within 15 minutes items such as toys,curtains,mattresses,and clothes were reduced to ashes.

However,no casualty was reported during the incident. The fire control room received the call at 10.30 am about the fire following which,five fire tenders from the fire control room,Sector 17 rushed to the spot immediately.

Station Fire Officer,ML Sharma,said that the fire incident took place at around 10.24 am and as soon as they got the call,they ordered the fire brigades to rush to the spot. Within 15 to 20 minutes,he said,they had managed to control the fire. No casualty took place as the fire broke out on the front side of the showroom. Around 20 per cent of the goods were damaged in the incident.

When asked about the reason for the fire,Sharma said that most probably the fire had occurred due to short circuiting.

Jaiveer Singh,owner of the shop,said that a loss of nearly Rs 40-50 lakh has been caused to him due to the fire.

Meanwhile,city mayor Subhash Chawla,who also reached the spot said that he has asked the officers to find the reasons for the fire. People should also cooperate during such incidents,Chawla said.

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement