A public holiday has been declared on July 7 in all government offices/ boards/ corporations/ institutions including industrial establishments under the Chandigarh Administration and also within the meaning of Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 on account of Eid-ul-Fitr.
A restricted holiday already declared on July 6, on account of Eid-ul-Fitr, stands cancelled.
However, Panjab University (PU)offices and Teaching Departments will remain closed on July 6, 2016 as notified earlier by the university. PU offices will be open on July 7. A PU spokesperson informed that in view of the already announced admission dates and process of admission being in motion, the holiday of Eid-ul-Fitr at PU would be observed on July 6 as was declared earlier.
- Restore Haryana’s share in Panjab University: Manohar Lal Khattar urges Centre
- Happy Eid ul-Fitr 2018: Wishes, Quotes, WhatsApp and Facebook Status, Images, Messages
- Syllabus yet to be fixed, Shahmukhi centre at Panjab University hangs fire
- Kolkata Police probe fake notification on Eid holidays
- Panjab University: V-C’s refusal to withdraw affidavit likely to affect today’s Syndicate meet
- Eid-ul-Fitr a gazetted holiday,but no clarity about pvt schools
However, all those individuals who desired to avail a holiday on July 7 on account of Eid-ul-Fitr will be granted Special Casual leave on individual request, he added.