THREE PERSONS who came to Forever Diamonds store in Sector 17 posing as robbers have been arrested by the police. The accused are said to be local residents who fled the city after the incident. The woman who accompanied the two youths is said to be a salesgirl who was working with Vinod and Rajneesh Verma for some time.
According to police sources, one person has been identified as Vaibhav Verma, a resident of PGI society, Sector 49; Ankur Jolly (22), a resident of Zirakpur; and Shivani (36), a resident of Maloya.
- Woman raped 40 times in Panchkula: Among the accused are businessman, taxi driver, salesman and 55-year-old
- Chandigarh: Family of car snatching accused alleges it was fake encounter
- Fugitive gangster Dilpreet Singh, who shot at singer, arrested
- Five members of Bishnoi-Nehra gang still at large, police hot on their heels
- Rape complainant threatened: Panchayat Bhawan employee accuses manager of harassment in Chandigarh
- Police crack Panchkula robbery in less than 12 hours,recover partial amount
“The trio have been arrested on the disclosure of Vinod, who is in police custody. Raids are on to nab Rajneesh Verma who is on the run. We hope that in a day or two, we will arrest all the culprits,” said a police official who is part of the investigation.
A senior police officer said that Vaibhav was a close relative of both Vinod and Rajneesh Verma and they contacted him for assisting them in their plot. Vaibhav and the other two left the city and their phone locations were traced to Nasik and Delhi.
SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill said that the accused left the city and went to Nasik. Later, their location was traced to Delhi.
The officer added that a case under sections 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 471(using false records), 201(destruction of evidence) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code was registered against them at Sector 17 police station.