The union Health ministry has asked the PGI to come up with a presentation about the ongoing work and utilisation of money during the one year at the Institute.
The presentation, expected by the ministry, will be given in the Institute’s important Standing Finance Committee(SFC), which is to be held in New Delhi soon.
- PGI faculty interviews to conclude today
- Chandigarh: PGI finance body gives nod to 600 new medical and technical posts
- Union Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey: To take up UT Administration issue with Home Ministry
- Patient rush: PGIMER academic panel recommends hiring 600 staff
- 300-bed neuro, mother and child care centre at PGI gets health ministry nod, work likely to start in 3 months
- Union health ministry asks Chandigarh PGI to submit presentation on utilisation of Central funds
According to sources in the PGI, the Institute’s director was asked to come up with a “detailed financial and physical progress report of the last one year. “We received communication from the ministry about it. They have asked us to provide a briefing about the ongoing works at the PGI,” the official said, adding that it has been mentioned that the same briefing would be the first agenda of the upcoming SFC.
When contacted, a ministry official confirmed to Chandigarh Newsline that such directions were indeed passed.
“It was decided with the approval of secretary (Health) in the health ministry.There are number of ongoing works in the Institute. We have written to the PGI Director that we expect a detailed briefing about it,” the official said.
“They should come up with a formal briefing,” he added.
He further added that the step is being taken to ensure effective monitoring of these projects at the Institute.
A senior PGI official, said on Tuesday that the SFC meeting was tentatively scheduled for scheduled for April 29. “It is not confirmed if the meeting would happen,” the official said.
When asked about the agenda of the SFC, the official maintained that the main agendas would be approval of Neuro centre and mother and child care for the Institute. “Agenda’s is being framed out,” the official added.
There has been already a delay in conducting a meeting of SFC since a long time now. Many officials at PGI believe that the delay in conducting SFC has resulted in delay in funds for the Institute.