MP Kirron Kher inaugurated a sports stadium, constructed at Rs 235.01 lakh over an area of 2.39 acre, at Dadumajra village on Friday.
The new stadium has a 200-m long athletic track, 1,650 sitting steps, volleyball, kabaddi, wrestling and football grounds. It also has a multipurpose hall for indoor games. In addition, there is a multi gymnasium, kitchen, pantry, office room and a library.
Sources said an open air badminton court will also be provided inside the stadium soon.
- Will fulfil my party promise: Kirron Kher housing scheme
- Swachh Survekshan 2018: Chandigarh third cleanest in India, rank up from 11 last year
- Chandigarh: Contractors stop work over non-payment of dues
- Kirron Kher opposes parking fee hike, Metro rail project
- Chandigarh: Parking rates should not increase, says MP Kirron Kher
- Thanks to Kher, BJP’s vote share jumps to 42%
Kher appreciated the work completed by the engineering wing of the municipal corporation by providing such kinds of facilities in the city villages.
“The changing market scenario has offered new sports opportunities to the urban and rural population. The rural youth will have more opportunities now. Sports and games will also only contribute to their improved socio-educational development and their job prospects,” she said.
Mayor Arun Sood said this is the biggest open air sports stadium in a village with facilities of different games and sitting arrangements for viewers.