A CBI Special Court Saturday dismissed an application moved by SI Surinder Kumar, who is one of the accused in a graft case against DSP RC Meena. The DSP had allegedly demanded a bribe of Rs 70 lakh to let off a complainant in a property dispute case.
The matter is now adjourned to July 16, when charges will be framed.
Other than SI Surinder Kumar, businessman Sanjay Dahuja, owner of Berkeley Automobiles in the Industrial Area, and Aman Grover, owner of KLG Hotel are also facing trial in the case.
- New Chandigarh DGP faces major challenges of cadre war, curbing snatching
- P Chidambaram moves courts fearing arrest in Aircel-Maxis deal, INX Media cases
- Delhi court to hear on July 30 CBI’s plea for further probe in Bofors case
- Chandigarh: CBI court dismisses application of convicts initiating perjury proceedings against two CBI officials and complainant
- Chandigarh: Court furnishes supplementary challan to accused in Graft case
- EOW graft case: CBI court dismisses bail of four accused
In the application moved by SI Surinder Kumar, he raised questions on the CBI trap and sought further investigations in the case. He claimed that he had been falsely implicated in this case and there was no documentary evidence against him. He said there were other persons involved in the case and further investigation was required.
It was alleged in the application that copy of all transcripts had not been provided to the accused. In the written arguments, the CBI had clearly denied recording any other conversations of the accused persons in the case other than those which have been placed on record.
To elaborate on it the CBI has stated that both sanction order and a draft sanction order shows that there was a recorded conversation of accused on August 12, August 13, 2015.
The CBI had received a complaint from Guneet Kaur where she had alleged that Deepa Duggal had got an FIR registered with EOW on December 12, 2014 against Guneet’s parents Gurkirpal Singh Chawla and Jagjit Kaur Chawla and her brother Harmit Singh Chawla. Aman Grover is son-in-law of Deepa Duggal and Sanjay Dahuja is his friend.
Thereafter Aman Grover contacted Guneet and told her Sanjay Dahuja was in contact with DSP (EOW) RC Meena and SI Surinder Kumar. He then informed Guneet that the DSP and SI had demanded Rs 70 lakh.