As many as 450 yoga instructors and experts were imparted training according to the 45-minute protocol chalked out by the Ministry of Ayush at the Sector 16 cricket stadium ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21.
The camp was conducted by Dr Dinesh Brahmchari under the supervision of Amit Talwar, additional deputy commissioner and other officers. The instructors who attended the session have been teaching yoga in schools, colleges and other institutes. The volunteers consist of yoga trainers from Patanjali Yogpeeth, Art of Living, Yoga Vidya Maha Mamiti, Brahmrishi Yoga training college and others.
- Yoga in school curriculum can help in creating a healthy nation: Venkaiah Naidu
- International Yoga Day 2018: Just some of the funniest jokes doing the rounds of the Internet
- International Yoga Day 2018: Here are yoga universities, colleges and institutions in India
- International Yoga Day 2018: Indian Air Force officials do yoga in the sky; see pics
- International Yoga Day 2018: Significance, importance, how it started and all you need to know
- Poland celebrates 4th International Yoga Day
After training, these trainers would conduct workshops for residents from May 21 throughout the city at 200 designated places. Deputy commissioner Ajit Balaji Joshi held a review meeting of all the creative team members.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
The social media team made a brief presentation regarding creating awareness among masses through Facebook page, Twitter, Youtube, Instragram and other useful mediums for promotion purpose.