As the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced its class X board exam results on May 28, four EWS students of NGO Theatre Age passed with flying colours.
Kamal, who secured a CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 8.4 , has been a student of Theatre Age for the last three years. Originally from Uttarakhand, his parents had sent him to his uncle in Chandigarh to pursue his education.
Another student, Pankaj, also from Uttarakhand, has secured a CGPA of 7.6 . His father works as a waiter, while his mother works as a domestic help. Pankaj, who has been coming to Theatre Age for the last four years, also takes an avid interest in dance and drama. Both Kamal and Pankaj want join the Army.
- CBSE Class 10 results: State-level footballer, district-level cricketer among top EWS students
- CBSE Class 10 results: Four students top Tricity, three of them from Panchkula
- CBSE Class 10th results 2018: Amid paper leak and annual exam system comeback, steep fall by 10.45% in Panchkula region pass percentage
- CBSE Class XII results: EWS student scores 80% despite mother’s demise
- CBSE class X results: 400 get 10 CGPA
- 1,000 Tricity private school students score perfect 10
Meanwhile, Sameer, who secured a CGPA of 7.4 , aims become a doctor, preferably in the armed forces.
Son of a manual labourer, Karan Sharma cleared the exams with a 6.8 CGPA.
His brother, too, has cleared the class XII board exams this year after studying at Theatre Age.