Amritsar MP and senior Congress leader Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday listened to a slew of complaints from farmers of 40 villages in Abohar and Ballauna constituencies of Fazilka district, with whom he had an informal interaction at Maujgarh village in Abohar.
- Lambi constituency prepared for Amarinder rally
- Pest management: Punjab cotton farmers conquer whitefly
- Ex-Akali minister Tota Singh gets clean chit
- Congress camp follows Capt Amarinder Singh on foreign trip
- Punjab Assembly Session: Sunil Jakhar takes on govt over pesticide scam
- Whitefly attack: Farmers protest, ‘gift’ damaged cotton crop to govt
Amarinder had reached here to see the damage to cotton crop caused by the white fly pest, when the farmers made a beeline to narrate their woes. Farmers stated that while the damaged crop had no weight (because no flowering had occurred), the early varieties that had reached the markets were also not getting renumerative prices.
“Cotton crop has neither weight nor rates. Farmers are in distress and CM is indifferent to everything,” said CLP leader and Fazilka MLA Sunil Jakhar said.