Baby food has been made available at all railways stations in the Ambala division from Wednesday.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched the service on Wednesday under the Janani Sewa scheme. It aimed at providing better food service to the infants. The service will be available in Chandigarh as well.
Officials said baby food will be available in most of the railway stations in the Ambala Division. “Better food service, including hot milk, hot water and Cerelac, will be available at all refreshment rooms and stalls at the railways station,”Dinesh Kumar, divisional railway manager, Ambala division, said. He added that services will not be available in the trains, however.
- Railways to take action against cattle owners if found affecting train services
- Chandigarh Railway Station is one of the best and smart stations in the entire Indian Railway circuit: Divisional Railway Manager
- To curb frivolous calls, Railways hikes medical service fee from Rs 20 to Rs 100
- Stories on a station wall
- Rail Budget 2016: Baby foods, hot milk, hot water to be available, says Suresh Prabhu
- Railway Budget 2016 Highlights: This budget will enhance the Navnirman of India, says PM Modi
“Earlier the Union railways minister would receive complaints that baby food is not available at the railway stations. The initiative has been launched to address such problems,” said a railway official.
He further said through this scheme the mothers will be able to feed their infants with good quality baby food. “The services has been implemented across the country. People can buy it from today and the charges of the items are nominal,” the official added.