STRICT SECURITY arrangements have been made in Mohali in view of the Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) protest march on Monday. The party workers will gather at Gurdwara Amb Sahib and leave for Chandigarh to gherao Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal’s residence.
According to sources, around 350 police personnel have been deputed along the road from where the AAP workers will leave for Chandigarh. There are intelligence inputs that some protesters can cause trouble, so heavy police force will be deputed along the route of the protest march.
- AAP-LG standoff, Day 8, Highlights: IAS officers say ready for talks, Sisodia wants meeting in presence of Baijal
- No end in sight to Delhi-Centre impasse; IAS officers come out in public, allege victimisation
- AAP dharna, Day 7 Highlights: Satyendra Jain’s health deteriorates due to hunger strike, rushed to hospital
- March to PM Modi’s office today, security upped
- Toothbrushes, mattresses and files for Arvind Kejriwal as L-G office sit-in enters day three
- L-G must ask IAS officials to cooperate: Its leaders inside, AAP marches on L-G’s house
“We have brought some extra barricades and also hiked the security around Gurdwara Amb Sahib where the AAP workers will gather before leaving for Chandigarh. We do not want any kind of untoward incident during the protest,” added a senior police officer.
Mohali SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said that all the officers had been directed to be vigilant during the protest, and said that security had been beefed up around Gurdwara Amb Sahib and also on the road from Phase VII to Sector 53, Chandigarh, from where the protesters can enter the UT.
Bhullar said, “We have made all the arrangements and Phase VII road will remain closed during the protest. Police personnel will also be present at the entry point of the road to guide people to other alternative routes.”
The Chandigarh Police has also made strict security arrangements so that the AAP workers do not enter the city. The police officials said that the road from Sector 53 leading towards Phase VII, Mohali, will remain closed during the protest.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
The AAP is organising the protest against the state government on various issues. Party leaders, including state convener Sucha Singh Chottepur and Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann, will take part in the protest.