As many as 970 graduates received degrees during the 38th convocation ceremony of GGDSD College, Sector 32 on Monday. Prof Ashok K Ganguli, director, Institute of Nano Sciences and Technology, Mohali delivered the convocation address.
On the occasion, college president Upkar Krishan Sharma welcomed the chief guest and read out the achievements of the college. He said the college has been recognised as a research centre leading to a PhD Degree by Panjab University in the subjects of Biotechnology and Chemistry.
- JNU to start special centre for study of Northeast India
- JNU to hold convocation next month after 46 years
- MCM DAV to start PhD English, SD College to get commerce research centre
- Prakash Javadekar: PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University: MA degree in her hand, 74-year-old looks forward to do PhD
- Remember the language that comes from your mother’s womb: Venkaiah Naidu
Addressing the students, Professor Ganguli stressed on the importance of passion, right attitude and commitment to make a name in the world. He urged the youth to combine passion with talent to achieve excellence and success. “Talent alone does not guarantee success. Decide on what you wish to do in life and be extremely passionate about excelling in your chosen field,” he said. Professor Ganguli added that right attitude marks the difference between average and brilliance.
Principal Dr Bhushan Kumar Sharma read the annual report of the college and shared the achievements of the college during the year 2014-15. He added that the college has signed MoUs with acclaimed foreign universities including University of Fraser Valley, Canada.