February 2, 2011 12:54:55 am
Eight children,a teenager and a woman was admitted to the Civil Hospital,Sector 6,here on Tuesday night with symptoms of poisoning. All of them belong to the families of labourers working on construction of the grain market road in Narayangarh.
They were suffering from dehydration and vomiting and immediately admitted to the emergency ward. The doctors suspect intake of unknown poisonous seeds.
Preeti (15),one of the patients,said: We ate the fruits of a tree and started vomiting. The others are Govind (8),Tulsi (3),Pooja (2),Ganga (3),Dharmpal (10),Ajmer (8),Tara (4) Deepak (2) and Manju (35).
Deepaks father Khushi Ram said: They all had the jatropha fruit around 5 pm. After that they started vomiting and we rushed them to the nearest health centre. They were referred to the Civil Hospital from there.
All patients are under doctors surveillance and reported to be out of danger.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.