Updated: May 7, 2022 10:38:50 am
At least seven people died, while nine others were rescued after a fire broke out on Saturday morning in a two-storey residential building in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore, Police Commissioner Harinarayana Chari Mishra said.
The fire department personnel who were present at the spot said that although the exact cause has not been ascertained, initial probe showed that the blaze may have been caused by a short circuit. “It took us 3 hours to bring the fire under control,” they were quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
इंदौर के स्वर्ण बाग कॉलोनी में शॉर्ट सर्किट से हुए हादसे में कई अनमोल जिंदगियों के असमय निधन का दुखद समाचार प्राप्त हुआ।
ईश्वर से दिवंगत आत्माओं को अपने श्रीचरणों में स्थान और परिजनों को यह गहन दुःख सहन करने की शक्ति देने तथा घायलों को शीघ्र स्वस्थ करने की प्रार्थना करता हूं।
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan offered his condolences.
Best of Express Premium
“I pray to God to give place to the departed souls at his feet and give strength to the family members to bear this deep sorrow and to give speedy recovery to the injured,” the Chief Minister tweeted.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.