Updated: August 16, 2021 4:25:45 am
A 15-year-old boy died of electrocution on Sunday in Karikere village of Karnataka’s Tumakuru district when a pole he was carrying to hoist the Tricolour for Independence Day celebrations at a government school came in contact with a live wire, police said. Two others were injured in the incident.
“The deceased, identified as Chandan (15), was carrying a metal pole to hoist the national flag at the school he studied in, ahead of the Independence Day celebrations. The metal pole came in contact with a live wire electrocuting him and two others,” a senior officer of Tumakuru police told The Indian Express.
The three were rushed to the Sri Devi Hospital in the district but Chandan was declared “brought dead”. “All three of them were former students of the school,” police said.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.