December 28, 2021 5:40:32 pm
Around 80 school children were admitted to a hospital in Karnataka’s Haveri district on Monday after they consumed sambar in which allegedly a dead lizard was found.
The incident happened at a government primary school in Venkatapura Tanda village near Ranebennur.
According to the district administration, a boy found the lizard in sambar served as part of the midday meal and immediately alerted the others.
All the students were rushed to the government hospital in Ranebennur soon, said the police. None of the students are serious, added the police.
The district administration, meanwhile, has directed the education department officials to take action against the school for negligence.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.