scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Monday, September 27, 2021

Karnataka: Child swallows 5 rupee coin, dies

The child was rushed to a hospital in Mysuru where the doctors declared her brought dead.

By: Express Web Desk | Bengaluru |
Updated: September 9, 2021 7:33:04 am
According to Mysuru police, Kushi was at her grandmother's place when the tragedy occurred on Sunday.

A four-year-old girl choked to death in Karnataka after she accidentally swallowed a five-rupee coin.

The deceased was identified as Kushi, a resident of Hirekyatanahalli village in Hunsur taluk in Mysuru district.

According to Mysuru police, Kushi was at her grandmother’s place when the tragedy occurred on Sunday.

“While she was playing, she found a five-rupee coin. While she started to choke, the family members did not realize what had happened but rushed her to a hospital in Hunsur, ” an officer said. Later, she was rushed to a hospital in Mysuru where the doctors declared her brought dead.

An X-ray revealed the coin lodged in her throat.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Bangalore News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement