A video of a principal allegedly beating the students of Industrial Training Institute here has gone viral after it was shared with the media by the students today.
The students, who were witness to the incident, made the video using a smartphone, showing the alleged caning or beating of students by the principal over “flimsy reasons.”
“Some students have taken a video of the principal caning a student in the classroom for a silly reason and leaked it to the media,” a student of the college said on condition of anonymity.
- Accused Pune school principal was put under house arrest for three years by ‘religious authority’: Police
- Boy ‘abused’ in school, police look for principal, counsellor
- DU poll violence at Zakir Hussain, principal blames ABVP members
- Gujarat: School principal held for allegedly molesting students
- Delhi education dept tells govt school heads to sit in class regularly
- ‘Did not allow national anthem in madrasa’: Principal, two others charged with sedition in Uttar Pradesh
He alleged that the principal used to beat for not submitting assignments or for coming late to the class. “The principal beats us for not submitting assignments and cleaning shoes. He also beats us for coming late,” he said.
The students, however, have not lodged a complaint with the police, fearing unfavourable repercussions including removal from the college among other reasons.
“The college is being run by a relative of late minister – therefore we haven’t yet approached the police to lodge a complaint, fearing our removal from the college,” he said.
However, some hundred students of the college have resolved to lodge a complaint in the KR Puram police station, and then approach human rights commission tomorrow.
“We have decided to lodge a police complaint with KR Puram police and move a petition before human rights commission,” he added.
The principal, however, did not respond to the calls for his side of the story.