Three motorcyclists were killed and a few others were injured when a car hit three motorbikes near Jasdan town in Rajkot district on Thursday morning.
The incident took place near Jasdan town at around 8 am when a Wagon R car hit three motorbikes coming from opposite direction while negotiating a curve. Three seriously injured motorcyclists were first rushed to Referral Hospital in Jasdan and from there they were referred to Rajkot Civil Hospital for further treatment. However, all of them died in the Rajkot hospital while undergoing treatment, police said.
The victims have been identified as Jayesh Parmar (18), a resident of Gadhadia village of Jasdan taluak of Rajkot, Devshi Shiyal and Dharmesh Rachhadia, both residents of Khambhala village of Babra taluka in Amreli district.
- Ghaziabad: 5 cops, passerby injured in stone pelting
- In Gujarat, top Congress man joins BJP and vice versa
- Setback for Gujarat Congress as senior leader Bavaliya resigns as MLA, set to join BJP
- ‘Unhappy’ Gujarat Congress MLA Kunvarji Bavaliya holds meeting of supporters
- Gujarat Congress leader Kunvarji Bavaliya sends signal: For my people, I need to change
- GSRTC bus runs over tribal woman in Palitana depot
“The motorcyclists were diamond-polishers and were on their way to Jasdan from their villages to report for work at diamond polishing units in Jasdan. Some others have been injured as well and they have been rushed to private hospitals for treatment,” Jasdan police inspector Balvantsinh Dangi told The Indian Express.
The police inspector said that after the accident, the driver of the car had abandoned his vehicle. However, sources said he too was injured in the crash and that he had been hospitalised.