A teenager was killed while two others went missing after they were swept by waves of sea off Muldwarka coast near Kodinar in Gir-Somanath district on Sunday.
Police said that six teenage boys of Bukhari Mohalla locality in Kodinar went to Muldwarka on a picnic and were enjoying a swim in the sea when they were swept in deeper waters.
- Lions in Gir forest safe as they seek refuge from rain on hillocks, say forest officers
- Kolkata fishermen missing: Body, trawler found
- Juhu drowning victim father: He used to go to Juhu very frequently. Only this time, I didn’t know he will never return
- Mumbai: One drowns, 3 missing off Palghar coast
- Mumbai: Bodies of two boys found in sewer, police suspect drowning
- Gir Somnath beach tragedy: Bodies of 2 missing teenagers fished out
While three of them were rescued by local fishermen, Hussain Naqvi (15) drowned. His body was later fished out.
Rescue operation was on to save the missing two boys, said police.