A 28-year-old man has been arrested after he submitted an application to Surat police, threatening to commit suicide following a “botched” surgery by doctors of New Civil Hospital on his right hand.
- Days after she took poison, junior doctor accused in Vyapam dies
- Supreme Court seeks government report that indicted J&J on faulty hip implants
- Man gets youth’s heart in Kolkata’s second such transplant
- Dubai: Man eats biryani before getting his cancer-affected stomach removed
- Noida: Man dies at hospital, kin file complaint against doctors
- Tripura: Student attempts suicide after teachers force him to tie rakhi to ‘lover’; parents sue Principal, two others
He alleged that despite repeated complaints to the hospital authorities no action was taken against the doctors who conducted the surgery in October 2015. Munaf Samadkhan Pathan filed the application before Khatodara police station on Monday evening, claiming a minor plastic surgery was required, but the doctors conducted a major operation, following which he cannot lift his right hand.
The complainant said he used to work in a textile unit, but he is jobless since the operation. “We have received the application and we tried our best to reason with Munaf but we failed… he is firm on his own decision. We have arrested him as a preventive step and produced him before the court today. He has been sent to judicial custody,” said inspector P K Patel.
There was no comment from the hospital authorities.