AS MANY as 4,593 children from economically weaker section (EWS) have been given admission in 694 private schools in Ahmedabad under Right to Education Act’s 25 per cent reservation. A total of 5,100 forms were distributed, out of which 4997 forms were registered.
“Attempt was made to include all schools from all mediums — Gujarati, English and Hindi — this time. A camp has been organised where the admission letters will be allotted to these students on May 11-13 from 10 talukas under the Ahmedabad District Panchayat, the children of the economically weaker families will be given free entry is the first grade in primary schools,” said Ahmedabad District Primary Education Officer M P Mehta.
- Gurgaon: Three who took admission under economically weaker section turned away by school
- Hardlook: Fee-asco in Gujarat schools
- Gujarat: Alpesh Thakor, Hardik Patel bat for children denied admission under RTE
- Pune: EWS families accuse DPS of discrimination, school says it only took step to help students
- Gujarat: On last day of admissions, trail of woes for parents; schools ‘overcharge’, discrepancies in online forms
- RTE logjam: Parents say schools still refusing admissions, deadline extended
While the maximum number of students, 60, have been allotted admission in DAV International School, followed by 49 students to SK Mandal Primary School, 45 to Chanakya Primary School and A One Primary School in Juhapura, 40 to Navrang School in Juhapura, 38 to Lotus School in Jodhpur, 37 to Kameshwar Vidyamandir in Anandnagar, 33 to The New Age Primary School in Juhapura and Anand Vidyalaya in Chandlodia.
Other schools across all mediums include Shanti Niketan in Vejalpur, Anand Niketan DPS, Udgam School for Children, Nirman School, Nirman High SChool, St Xavier’s School, Tripada Ghatlodiya.
The admission has been given for areas — Naroda, Nikol, Aadinathnagar, Ranip, Chandlodia, Ramdevnagar, Jodhpur, Vastrapur, Vejalpur, Sarkhej, Makarba, Bopal, Dhuma, Aambli, Gota housing and in the Daskroi Taluka – Lambha, Sabarmati, D Cabin, Kaadi, Sola, Thaltej, Gota, Ognaj, Ramol, Vastral, Bareja.