Slamming the police action in conducting lathicharge on August 25 evening when most of the rallyists under the banner of the Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti(PAAS) had peacefully returned, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said that attacking private properties and people in their houses by police amounted to sheer hooliganism by the security personnel.
- Signature Bridge opens to roadside violence, Delhi BJP chief stopped from going on stage
- BJP MP Manoj Tiwari visits Signature Bridge inauguration site, clashes with AAP workers
- Haryana Roadways staff on two-day strike, services hit
- Farmers’ protest: Opposition slams BJP govt for lathicharge on farmers
- Gujarat: In High Court, police deny PAAS charge, say only ensuring peace at venue
- Hardik Patel to NHRC: Take steps to safeguard basic rights
In a statement issued on Friday, AAP media coordinator Harshal Nayak said that it was unconvincing that the home department or chief minister had not ordered police lathicharge. He said that the government was simply trying to make policemen the scapegoat and hide their failures.
The party also condemned the destruction of public properties like government buses and police outposts in reaction to the police action. Nayak said that both the actions deserved condemnation.
AAP appealed for peace and asked the people to help in restoring peace in the state.