scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Gujarat: Man dies by suicide ‘fearing black fungus’

According to police, the victim who is a resident of a society at Narayanagar road in Paldi, allegedly consumed poison on May 27 evening when he was alone in his flat.

By: Express News Service | Ahmedabad |
Updated: May 31, 2021 12:37:02 am
"We have lodged a case of accidental death,” said a statement from the Ahmedabad Police Control Room.

An 80-year-old diabetic man who recently recovered from Covid-19, died two days after he allegedly consumed poison fearing contracting mucormycosis (black fungus) in Ahmedabad on Saturday night, police said.

According to police, the victim who is a resident of a society at Narayanagar road in Paldi, allegedly consumed poison on May 27 evening when he was alone in his flat.

“As per his family members, he recovered from Covid-19 four months ago and was diabetic. Fearing black fungus, he consumed poison and was found in an unconscious state by his family members who rushed him to AIMS hospital in Paldi where he succumbed during treatment on Saturday evening. We have lodged a case of accidental death,” said a statement from the Ahmedabad Police Control Room.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Ahmedabad News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement