The Indian Institute of Management,Ahmedabad (IIM-A) is bracing itself for three days of absolute chaos! The popular youth festival CHAOS 2009 is all set to rock the campus from January 29 onwards. Youth from across the country will congregate in the city to celebrate one of the biggest cultural festivals in the country.
For youngsters who have the Khalbali factor in them,this is THE place to be; and for those who do not,they must go to the campus to understand Khalbali the central theme of the fest. The theme embodies a khalbali in the minds and hearts of the young generation to create something new and do something unique.
The event,which will conclude on February 1,is loaded with music,dance,style,creativity and energy. Mohit Chauhan,lead singer of popular band Silk Route,will perform live. The Musicals and Fine Arts will give a platform to all the creative bugs to exhibit their talent.
A series of workshops on dance,photography,mocktail making,digital filmmaking and miniature painting have also been arranged for the visitors. The much-famed Mr and Miss CHAOS will entertain the public with a mix of style,intellect,looks and individuality.
Events at CHAOS 2009
* A Classical Nite – Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia
* Kavi Sammelan- Some of India’s renowned poets including Surendra Sharma and Pradeep Chaubey
* Motherjane A true blue Indian rock band will set the stage on fire.
* Taan – A fusion group which mixes the Indian sitar with African djembe,pop music with raags and Arabic tunes with tabla.
* Paintball- Coming to Ahmedabad for the first time,this internationally popular game will let players throw paintball and defend themselves from the opponent.
* Fash P- Creative experts of Fashion will display their art of style,flamboyance and fun
* Informalz – On-the-spot games
* Lits – Games,writing and debates on literature
* Quiz- Renowned quizmaster Diwakar Pingle will host the Quiz @ Chaos
* Rocking the Boat- A platform for budding rock stars
* Great Ahmedabad Race- A Treasure Hunt competition
* Junkyard Wars- A competition to use trash and create a unique and useful object