Three men, including VHP general secretary Pravin Togadia’s cousin, were stabbed to death after they were attacked by six youths with sharp weapons in a builder’s office at Varachha in Surat late on Saturday night. Police said they suspected real estate dispute to be the reason behind the triple murder. The three men have been identified as Bakul Hirani (45), 40-year-old Bharat Togadia (brother of Congress councillor Pappan Togadia and first cousin of Pravin Togadia) and Mahesh Radadiya (35), son of a former Congress councillor. The condition of one man, Ashok Patel (32), who was injured, is critical.
- Accused in Pravin Togadia’s cousin murder case dies of heart failure
- Pravin Togadia kin murder case: Sister of main accused arrested
- Murder of Pravin Togadia kin, two others; three arrested
- Togadia’s cousin abandons BJP over Patidars’ issue, joins Congress
- VHP files petition seeking lifting of ban on Praveen Togadia’s entry in Bengaluru
- Case against Togadia for inflammatory speech
According to sources, a meeting over a property deal was in progress between the four men, all real estate developers, at Hirani’s office at Varachha on Saturday night. A group of six to seven youths, armed with sharp weapons, barged into the office and attacked the men after a heated argument. All four severely wounded were rushed to the SMIMER hospital where three of them were declared dead while one was believed to be critical.
Varachha police have started the investigation. Varachha police inspector C K Patel said they were investigating the case. Surat Commissioner of Police Ashish Bhatia said the accused have been identified. They are believed to be known to Bakul, Bhatia said. Pravin Togadia, who was in Bhavnagar, left for Surat on Saturday night to attend the funeral of his cousin on Sunday afternoon, sources said.