Chief minister Anandiben Patel flagged off the 14,700 bikers rally in Surat on Saturday to spread the message of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao from Ichhapore to Kamrej, which is more than 25 kilometers. The Guinness of World Record officials were also present and they declared that it is a world record. The four women bikers of Surat — Dr Sarika Mehta, Yugma Desai, Durraiya Tapiya, Khyati Desai — will travel on bike for 10,000 kilometers covering ten different countries like Nepal, Bhutan Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore, on bike, with a message of “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao”.
Over 14,700 bikers took out a rally in Surat on Saturday afternoon and among these bikers all the four biker queens were present. All the bikers were diamond polishers working in different diamond companies in Surat.
- ‘Beti bachao roti banwao’: Regressive campaign gets massively criticised on Twitter
- Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan do well in ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ scheme: Maneka Gandhi
- Shatrughan Sinha attacks BJP again: ‘Not rebelling against party, showing mirror to those in power’
- Kathua, Unnao rape cases: Your silence is unacceptable, Rahul Gandhi tells PM Modi
- Rajasthan: Center ‘stole’ my ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ slogan, claims Lady cop
- CM Anandiben Patel set to flag off all-women ‘save girl child’ bike rally in Surat on June 4
CM Anandiben Patel said, “The figures of child sex ratio among the males and females and literacy rates of women in Gujarat were shocking in 2002-2003. This had given to the drive and slogan “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” given by then CM and now PM Narendra Modi. We have worked hard and now the child sex ratio in Gujarat is 904 girls against 1,000 boys. Gujarat had achieved a notable position in the upliftment of women. Earlier, sonography done on pregnant women was for the overall development of child, but it has been misused which results into female foeticide.”
The Saurashtra Jaldhara Trust chairman Mathurbhai Sawani was also present on this occasion as he had earlier organised a vehicle rally from Surat to different districts of Saurashtra to spread the message of “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao”.