Following the vigilance inquiry into alleged theft of seized beef which was meant to be destroyed and dumped at Pirana, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has suspended one sanitary inspector and a sanitary sub-inspector, official sources said.
Besides, five ‘safai’ workers have also been transferred to another department and served show-cause notices. The vigilance inquiry was ordered by mayor Gautam Shah on May 13 orally, followed by a formal order on May 18.
- Mulund: Two held with 1.5 tonne meat, sample sent for forensic tests
- Theft of bell at Chandigarh girls’ college: UT orders probe, five-member panel formed
- Despite Bombay HC order, meat shops wary of opening in town near Mumbai
- Kalamboli: 14 tonnes of beef seized from vehicle, driver arrested
- Days after theft of seized beef, AMC orders probe
- AMC dismisses four employees over irregularities in running cattle control squad
The beef seized from various places would be sent to AMC slaughterhouse where it will be sprinkled with phenol.
Later, it would be dumped at Pirana dump yard, officials added. ENS