Nine students attending the Scouts Centenary Jambooree 2009,who had been admitted to the Sola Civil Hospital for food poisoning,were discharged on Friday.
A total of 42 students attending the programme,organised by the Gujarat State Scouts and Guides at the GMDC ground,were admitted to the hospital on Wednesday night.
The children,who had come to attend the programme from faraway states like Kerala and Jammu and Kashmir,were rushed to the hospital when they fell ill,reportedly after consuming food at the programme.
Dr H K Bhavsar,the Medical Superintendent of Sola Civil Hospital,said: The students are being brought in since Wednesday midnight with abdominal problems. Many were vomiting. It looks like a case of water-borne poisoning. We have discharged nine children,while 33 are still admitted. They are recovering.