Cops cite delay in forensic report,murders remain unsolved

Three murders in Ahmedabad remain unsolved after more than three months now,reportedly due to the delay in obtaining forensic reports.

Written by Express News Service | Ahmedabad | Published: July 19, 2010 3:09:04 am

Three murders in Ahmedabad remain unsolved after more than three months now,reportedly due to the delay in obtaining forensic reports. The Ahmedabad police,which is investigating the cases,say the delay has made it difficult to make any further headway.

On June 13,Dhruv Parni (46),the wife of a city-based builder had reportedly shot herself thrice at her apartment in the Satellite area. The Satellite police is still waiting for the ballistic report in the case to ascertain whether it was a case of suicide or murder.

In another case,on July 1,Mahesh Gupta,the manager of a hotel in Ahmedabad was killed and buried at his house in Vejalpur with his head cemented under the water tank. The suspect,Ramesh Desai,a waiter in the hotel,is still at large. The police had asked for a detailed forensic analysis.

In the third case,a youth was stabbed 17 times and dumped in Koth village of Ahmedabad district last month. His identity is yet to be established and the police are yet to find any clue.

The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) had collected his blood samples and samples of some organs to probe the case further,but the reports are yet to reach the Koth police.

The police said in all the three cases,investigations are yet to make any headway owing to the non-availability of the FSL reports.

Satellite police Inspector HB Jamod,who is investigating the Parni case,said: “The case totally depends on the ballistic report. We have finished our investigation and questioning with the family members. Further investigation depends on the report. We will probe the case from a different angle if the FSL report rules out suicide.”

On their part,the Ahmedabad FSL said that forensic investigation take time,at least a month. But both in the case of the Satellite and Koth village incidents,it has now been more than a month.

S G Khandelwal,Deputy Director of Ahmedabad FSL said,“Only a ballistic report will be prepared in the suicide case. The incident was a serious one and the probing officers will have to consider all possibilities. The final report will take some more time for completion.”

Even as the police shifted the blame on the delayed forensic reports,sources said the police did not complete some aspects like identification of the body,hunting down the suspected accused,collecting evidence and zeroing in on the witnesses that could have given some valuable leads.

For all the latest Ahmedabad News, download Indian Express App