scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Friday, December 03, 2021

Bus catches fire in Vadodara,passengers escape safely

Incident took place on city’s Kamatibaug road at around 11.15 am.

Written by Express News Service | Vadodara |
November 21, 2013 6:37:29 am

As many as 29 passengers of a state transport bus had a narrow escape when the bus caught fire because of sparks in its engine,with the fire spreading rapidly because of the CNG kit fitted in it. The incident took place on city’s Kamatibaug road at around 11.15 am on Wednesday,when the bus was headed for Dabhoi from city’s Nizampura bus depot.

After detecting smoke coming out from the front engine of the bus,the driver asked the passengers to rush out of it. Soon after the whole bus burst out in flames,gutting belongings that they had left behind in the bus.

The fire brigade personnel were called in,but they reached the spot nearly half-an-hour late,sources said.

“The engine of the bus blasted off when it was on its way to Dabhoi. As soon as all the 29 passengers came out,the fire spread across the bus,but nobody was injured,” police said.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Ahmedabad News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement