Election of chairmen and other office-bearers in the school boards of six municipal corporations in the state, which has been long overdue, is likely to take place within the next fortnight, sources said Thursday. The process is expected to start immediately after the ongoing Gunotsav in these cities. Municipal corporations of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Jamnagar and Bhavnagar have been waiting for the school board chairmen for want of appointment of government nominees on these boards. Pending election of chairmen and vice-chairmen, the existing office-bearers are continuing.
Currently, Jagdish Bhavsar (Ahmedabad), Keyur Rokadia (Vadodara), Atul Patel (Surat), Narendrasinh Thakur (Rajkot), Ramdevsinh Gohil (Bhavnagar) and Madhusudan Gondaliya (Jamnagar) are heading their respective school boards. “It is for the party to recommend names of school board chairmen to the government which will then notify them in the gazette. It will not be delayed much,” said Bhavsar.
- Monsoon Watch: Average Rainfall 54% so far 4 more Gujarat districts in deficit list
- Gujarat: Govt hikes medical course fees by five times, cites private colleges
- Gujarat: BJP captures power in Wadhwan civic body with Congress rebels’ help
- Eye on 2019 Election: To know why it lost urban seats, Congress knocks door of voters in Ahmedabad
- Elections to six municipal corporations on October 10
- Gandhinagar,a new municipal body,cant have polls as yet