- How Race 3 is faring against the first week box office collection of last five Salman Khan movies
- Kerala High Court on breastfeeding woman on magazine cover: As the beauty lies in the beholder's eye, so does obscenity
- Here’s why you should binge-watch Damaged, India’s first show about a female serial killer
A GIRL child slipped into a tubewell in Dhrangadhra taluka of Surendranagar district but she died minutes after being rescued following a six-hour long overnight operation on Tuesday.
Fulki Yadav, the two-and-a-half-year-old girl child accidentally slipped into a tubewell on the agricultural farm of one Mansukh Vada in Ghanshyamgadh village of Dhrangadhra late Monday evening.
The district administration received the alert at around 7 pm. A medical team with oxygen cylinders and jawans of fire brigade of Dhrangadhra municipality were rushed to the village located around 50 km away from Surendranagar.
- UP: Seven-year-old raped and murdered; accused held
- 18,688 persons rescued during last year’s floods: Gujarat govt
- Maharashtra: Five-year-old boy stuck in borewell dies
- Body of boy swept in Narmada canal near Morbi recovered after water level recedes
- Gujarat: Four-year-old feared dead after he falls into tubewell
- Gujarat: Girl falls into tubewell in Surendranagar, dies
“We also sought help from Ahmedabad fire brigade and NDRF (National Disaster Response Force) as we thought local teams from Dhrangadhra were not well-equipped to conduct the rescue operation. They reached Ghanshyamgadh at around 9 pm on Monday and pulled the child out of the tubewell at 2.45 am on Tuesday. When she was hauled up, she was breathing. She was put on ventilation support and rushed to a hospital in Dhrangadhra. But doctors there declared her dead on arrival,” Hitesh Koya, resident additional
collector (RAC) of Surendranagar, told The Indian Express.
Officers said that Falku was daughter of Devshi Bariya, a native of Madhya Pradesh who had come to Ghanshyamgadh with his family to work as agricultural labourer.
“The tubewell was of 300 milimetre diametre and there was a motor-pump in it. The farmers were repairing it when the child slipped into it. She was stuck up in the tubewell at the depth of 120 feet,” sub-divisional magistrate of Dhrangadhra, Jyotish Bhatt said.
“The rescuers lowered a rope into the tubewell. After hours of efforts, they managed to trap her arm into the noose of the rope and pulled her out. But unfortunately she did not survive. Water sipping from the side of the well was falling on her head and she had also sustained bruises,” the RAC further said.
Dr Arun Prasad, medical superintendent of Community Health Centre of Dhrangadhra, where the girl had been taken for treatment, said that she died due to head injuries.
“The primary cause of her death was head injuries that she suffered in the accident. There were also abrasions all over her body and it is possible she was pulled out dead,” said Dr Prasad.
As part of the rescue operation, the district administration asked Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited to supply electricity without disruption to farmers in the village.
“We asked farmers of nearby fields to switch on motor pumps in their respective tubewells to prevent water level in the tubwell in which the child was stranded from rising,” added Koya.