After two-day brainstorming session of senior party leaders in Surat over the weekend, the state BJP on Monday made organisational changes. With an eye on the ensuing local body elections, state ministers have been relieved of party responsibilities, a party release said.
Labour and Employment Minister Vijay Rupani, Minister of State for Health and Urban Development Shanker Chaudhary and Bharat Pandya have been replaced by Mansukh Mandavia (Rajya Sabha MP, Bhavnagar), K C Patel (MLA Patan) and Shabdasharan Bhrahmbhatt (Vadodara) as general secretaries.
- Madhya Pradesh polls: Smaller parties gear up to take on BJP, Congress
- In Gujarat, top Congress man joins BJP and vice versa
- Amit Shah appoints Madanlal Saini as BJP’s Rajasthan unit president
- Former TMC minister joins BJP, boosting saffron party’s expansion drive in West Bengal
- Trinamool Congress to crack whip against infighting, revamp party organisation
- Amit Shah to review membership drive duringall-party meet on July 11
State BJP president R C Faldu appointed Member of Parliament from Dahod Jashwantsinh Bhabhor as the state BJP’s vice-president. Lok Sabha MP from Junagadh Rajeshbhai Chudasama has been appointed as the state BJP secretary. The post of party vice-president was lying vacant after MLA Mangu Patel was inducted as Forest and Environment Minister last year.
Niranjan Zanjzmera (Surat Mayor) has been appointed south zone in-charge of Mahasampark Abhiyan of the membership drive.