- Kerala floods LIVE: Kochi airport suffers estimated loss of over Rs 220 crore due to floods
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: England 84/4 at Lunch, need 537 runs more to win
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Live updates Live streaming: Three medals for India in shooting, historic bronze in Sepak Takraw
Two girl students of MS University here are feared drowned in the Mahisagar river near Lachanpur in Savli taluka, where they had gone for a picnic on Sunday. A team of the Vadodara fire department began a search and rescue operation on Sunday afternoon.
According to officials of the fire department, seven friends studying in MS University had visited Lachanpur on Sunday for a picnic on the banks of Mahisagar. Late afternooon, two girls — Ayushi Jaiswal and Simran Dahiya — slipped and were swept away by the currents in the river. While Ayushi is a resident of Sama in Vadodara, Simran belongs to Shergaon in Rajasthan, and was living in the MSU hostel.
- Swimming amid rapid current, four students drown in Yamuna
- Hope grows as deadly Northern California blaze slows down
- Andhra Pradesh: Bodies of four engineering students, drowned in Krishna river, recovered
- Incessant rains wreak havoc in Manipur
- Thane: Five drown in two incidents
- TCS techie and student from Andhra drown in US
“Of the seven friends, three girls went into the river for a swim. A strong current swept away Simran and Ayushi while the third girl managed to hold a rock and was pulled out by the friends. In a state of panic, the friends shouted for help and alerted locals, who called in the fire brigade. We have been unable to find them so far. Their friends say they were not trained swimmers and we are afraid they may have drowned.”
Until late evening, the fire officials were unable to trace Ayushi and Simran.