A 28-year-old woman died while her husband and seven-month-old son were severely injured when an LPG cylinder exploded at their house in Varachha area of Surat on Thursday morning.
The incident took place early in the morning reportedly when the woman went to prepare tea. Fire brigade officials said that gas might have been leaking the whole night from the cylinder and when the woman switched on some light in the morning,it exploded.
Neighbours said they rushed the trio to the SMIMER Hospital,where the woman was declared dead on arrival. Her husband and son sustained severe burn injuries and their condition is said to be critical.