The US Justice Department said on Wednesday it had agreed to a settlement with Anheuser-Busch InBev SA that will permit ABI to proceed with its acquisition of SABMiller Plc.
“The settlement requires ABI to divest SABMiller’s entire U.S. business – including SABMiller’s ownership interest in MillerCoors, the right to brew and sell certain SABMiller beers in the United States and the worldwide Miller beer brand rights.
- US government says it will detain migrant children with parents
- Beer giants SABMiller and AB InBev to join forces to face industry challenges
- SABMiller volumes battle back slowdown
- Foster’s takeover: SABMiller gets Oz nod
- SABMiller in $10 bn hostile Foster’s bid
- SABMiller set for new assault on Foster’s
This settlement will prevent any increase in concentration in the US beer industry,” the Department said in a statement.