- LIVE UPDATES: Kovind recalls Mahatma Gandhi's manta, says violence has no place in society
- Live Cricket Score Sri Lanka vs South Africa T20 Live Streaming: South Africa lose after Duminy after break
- London Parliament car crash LIVE Updates: Police lifting cordons that sealed off Westminster govt district
Continuing its slide for the third straight day, the rupee depreciated further by 11 paise to 67.59 against the US dollar in early trade on Wednesday on sustained demand for the American currency from importers and banks.
Dealers attributed the rupee’s fall to persistent demand for the US currency, but dollar’s weakness against euro and other currencies overseas and a higher opening in the domestic equity market restricted the loss.
- Sensex falls over 100 points to snap six-day record run, Rupee at 68.69 against dollar
- Rupee slips 15 paise to 69.01 against US dollar
- Rupee falls to fresh 16-month low, drops 25 paise against dollar
- Rupee recovers from 16-month low, up 15 paise against US dollar
- Rupee drops 17 paise against US dollar
- Rupee weakens 21 paise against dollar in early trade
The domestic unit closed lower by 17 paise at 67.48 in yesterday’s trade on persistent dollar demand from banks and importers amidst weakness in equities.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 30.41 points, or 0.11 per cent, to 26,843.19 in early deals.